- 2 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup naturally refined coconut oil -liquid (or olive oil)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2/3 cup mashed strawberries (1/3 cup to be used to garnish or mixed with frosting)
- Optional honey (1 spoonful or less)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or organic milk
1 cup plain Greek yoghurt or chilled coconut cream with 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven 180C. Line a small cake tin (20 cms) with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, sift your chickpea flour, cinnamon, and baking powder/soda together. In another bowl, whisk your milk, oil, lemon juice together.
- Pour your wet ingredients into your flour batter. Fold in 1/2 mashed strawberries and honey. Pour into the cake tin. Bake for 30 minutes or until centre comes out clean with a toothpick.
- Let the cake cool then sit in the fridge to set for 30 minutes. While the cake is chilling, make the frosting.
- Whisk together plain Greek yoghurt and 1 tbsp honey.
- Slice cake in half to create two tiers (optional). Spread about 1/2 cup or less whipped greek yoghurt between each cake and stack the cakes gently on top of each other. Spread the rest of your yoghurt frosting on top and garnish with leftover strawberries.